1-2-1 Virtual Photography Mentoring Session
Here’s the Problem
We all want to grow as artists and master our craft. The hard part of this journey is there’s no manual to follow or “one road” to get you there. On top of that, there’s no mountain summit or final destination with photography. You can continue to learn about this art form each and every day.
But here’s the thing about this journey, you don’t know what you don’t know, and sometimes you don’t even know where to start.
I remember the first time I took my camera off automatic mode and how my mind raced during my first photography workshop. It was as exhilarating as it was overwhelming. Over the years, I spent a lot of time searching endlessly on YouTube and the internet trying to improve, and it did help. But the return on my investment for the time it took for me to improve wasn’t great.
How Do I Improve My Photography?
The fastest way to improve your photography is by learning from a photographer who is focused on teaching you what you need to know. There is a reason why any vocations require an internship or apprenticeship as their form of education. Although, many of us don’t have the hours and months to dedicate to a full apprenticeship program.
This is when a 1-2-1 mentoring session is the best way to accelerate your growth as a photographer. This is where you find answers to your questions, receive feedback on your images, help with your methods, and learn things you didn’t know that you didn’t know.
What is a 1-2-1- Photography Mentoring Session?
My virtual 1-2-1 sessions are 60 minutes custom-tailored to fit your individual needs through Zoom. First, we’ll discuss your interests for the session via email or phone. This will help me tailor the session to fit your goals and make the most of our time together. In addition, when we meet, I will screen-record the session, giving you the ability to review the discussion as well as any Lightroom examples. This allows you to focus on the conversation and not worry about taking notes. Below are the focus areas that I offer.
Focus area options:
- Portfolio Review
- Detailed photo and portfolio review covering composition, light, technique, and post-processing
- Image Management & Organization in Adobe Lightroom Classic (Lr)
- Setup of Lr catalog and preferences
- Understanding culling and organizational tools
- Keywording and collections
- Overview of start-to-finish workflow
- Post Processing in Lr
- Review of Develop Module panels
- Start-to-finish image post-processing
- Improving In-the-Field Practices
- Overview of gear and accessories for different landscapes
- Taking advantage of various conditions and landscapes
- Creativity and compositional coaching
- One goal-setting conversation
- One 60 minute virtual session via Zoom
- Session Recording
Terms and conditions:
- Goal setting discussion not to exceed 30 minutes.
- Sessions are scheduled at mutually agreeable times after purchase.
- Once a session is purchased, it is non-transferable, non-refundable, and expires 9 months after the purchase date.